The Accounting Manager is a key member of the Incubeta US finance team. The role will manage the general accounting functions to ensure that all corporate activities are accounted for in a timely and accurate manner. This role will also assist in documenting the accounting policies & procedures as well as monitor compliance with the internal controls. To perform these functions the Accounting Manager will interact directly with key business leaders throughout the organization and third-party consultants, such as external auditors and tax advisers.
Responsibilities for Accounting Manager
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and month-end close.
- Take the lead on daily accounting work of the organization.
- Prepare and review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain the general ledger system.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; assist with review of the financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Help with year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit.
- Help with year-end tax preparation for multiple jurisdictions.
- Help with the budget process.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete assignments thoroughly and accurately.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite of products (Google sheets, Google docs, Google slides).
- Experience with ERP financial systems.
- Position reports to the Corporate Financial Controller
- Role is hybrid, looking for someone in the Baltimore, MD area, with occasional travel to Incubeta HQ in New York City.